Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Måns Zelmerlöw is the new host of Allsång på Skansen


Breaking news of popular Summer live-music TV-show Allsång på Skansen!
New season will get new host and it will Måns Zelmerlöw who'll replace Anders Lundin who was host since 2003. Last year has met critically low viewing rates and loads of press claims show needs to change host, format and everything to keep going (read more about it on EuropeCrazy) so Måns' name was constantly rolling along with this negative wave as new host who could save it all. And today it was officially announced that Måns will be new host. What can we say about it? Sure we're glad as Måns is amazing live-artist and hope that it'll also bring some renovations among invited artists. Usually we don't complain but still it would be better to get more starting and younger artists so we could enjoy some really fresh music in orchestral arrangement through Summer music season.


9 коммент.:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he will also replace Christer Bjorkman in MF, as he said he will leave in 2012 and maybe even quckly if Sweden fails in Eurovision this year again, as they did in the previous editions;)

Damian said...

Well, if he'll bring to MF more artists like Loreen (signed to his label currently), I'm not against! :)

Anonymous said...

Mans has a label?Well I read on EuropeCrzy about it until I met "....I don't live in Sweden...";that guy also lives outside Sweden.Is a trend to have a blog about swedish things?Or what am I missing here?

Damian said...

That GIRL! :) It's Laura who writes there, our big blogging friend. Sweden is especially beloved around the world among pop-lovers so nothing weird here, just Swedes mostly write on their blogs in Swedish and it's not comfortable to read for those who don't know Swedish.

Anonymous said...

That girl,that guy,you ...bla bla bla.....we wait for press reviews on the last poor semifinal of MF;).....good day

Poster Girl said...

I hope this doesn't crash and burn and all works out. He seems like a good choice; hopefully the program has a few tweaks as well (as you mentioned, with the artists) so that it's not just relying on his presence to pull it back up.

Those videos just make me miss Måns all the more.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Hi Damian, thanks for mentioning that previous post. I've also written a new post about it too. I think it's a great choice, but I also agree with you and Poster Girl that the choice of artists is equally as important, and that they get the mix just right so that both young and old fans tune in. Certainly I feel that Måns is the man to bridge the gap. On the down side though, I hope it doesn't mean an end (or a long delay) in his music career. And yes PG, I miss him too :(

To the person who posted about 'that guy who lives outside Sweden' well yes as Damian said it, I'm a girl (OK I'm maybe a little older but I like being called a girl!!) anyway it doesn't matter where you live, or where the music comes from - but it just happens to be that the best music is coming out of Sweden and I like to write about it, even if I don't live there :))

Myfizzypop said...

I'm excited to see Mans on tv on a weekly basis, seeing as I don't get to see him in Romeo and Juliet. Hopefully presenting all these acts each week will make him yearn to get a move on with his album. The swing christmas set was nice but i'm ready for more Hope and Glory

Damian said...

True, seems like we haven't got anything new from Mons for ages PG. Yes, we had Christmas album that I adore but how exciting would it be to hear about new Måns release and I hope this participance won't spoil us with illusion of Måns music career keeping going.

I really hope so Laura. I have no ideas how it will go for his new singles, albums without MF now. He's got loads of promotion with Romeo & Julia and he will get with Allsong but I can mean nothing when it'll get to go commercially.

I see your point Paul. We need more fresh pop-music from him, he'll be really charming and alive host but let's dream he'll use programme for presentation of his own stuff somewhere in the end of the season.